Watford Ladies - Head Coach Position
Job Title: First Team Head Coach – Watford Ladies
Location: Vicarage Road Stadium and Harefield Academy
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience & qualification
Closing Date: 12noon, Monday November 7, 2016
Interviews: Week commencing November 14, 2016
Watford Ladies FC, an FA Women’s Super League 2 Football Club, is currently looking to recruit a First-Team Head Coach to join the Club.
The role will be based on 30 hours per week spread over four days. Days and hours will be determined by the training days and fixtures of the WFC ladies team and will include matchdays and training nights which are currently held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at The Harefield Academy.
The successful candidate will work as the on-pitch lead of Watford Ladies' First-Team and will be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- To create a culture that maximises the talent of each player within the club in all aspects of the four corner model to maximise the quality of team performance.
- To lead the female coach development pathway within the club, developing and supporting female coaches.
- To implement, oversee, monitor and evaluate the girls youth technical pathway and overall programme in line with FA recommendations.
- To build a successful winning first-team.
- Implementing a training programme in line with LTPD guidelines.
- Supporting the aims and objectives of the England international development pathway from youth teams to senior team.
- Ensuring high standards of coaching delivery across the first-team and development team, taking into account current elite good practice.
- Developing and overseeing a continuous professional development programme, to include a comprehensive mentoring strategy, for coaches and support staff involved within the club.
- Responsibility for the welfare of all players from youth to senior setup.
- Formal monitoring and evaluation of player and coach performance of the club from youth to senior spheres.
- To develop a strong relationship with the youth setup.
- Representing the club at relevant FA WSL meetings.
- To ensure club adheres to FA regulations and league rules.
- To ensure club adheres to Respect guidelines.
- Maintaining positive relations with key England international staff (Head Coach/Director of Elite Development/relevant age group coaches).
- Ensuring the youth programme operates to the required technical standards as stipulated by the associated and assigned FA Coaching Mentor and Youth Committee.
- Managing all coaches, medical staff and technical/administrative support staff involved in the running of the youth programme.
- Overseeing a continuous professional development programme, to include a comprehensive mentoring strategy, for coaches and support staff involved within the youth programme.
- Ensuring the club adheres to FA standards for safeguarding children.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the programme, continuously looking for ways to develop and improve within budget.
- UEFA A Licence holder
- FA Licensed Coach (Member of the Licensed Coaches Club to cover safeguarding and first aid).
- Empathy with young players with an ability to inspire.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong strategic relationships with club staff.
- Experience of and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring elite young and senior players and/or coaches.
- Understanding of learning, development and high performance with a proven ability to create optimum learning environments for players.
- Awareness of diversity and equality challenges in football.
- Empathy and commitment to the long-term development of the game.
- Track record of consistent high performance in a professional environment.
- Strong existing relationships within the Women’s pyramid in England.
- Willingness to work weekends.
- Ability to travel independently.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role via email to the General Manager, Ellie Kemp, at Ellie.Kemp@watfordfc.com
Closing date for applications is 12noon on November 7, 2016 with interviews taking place week commencing November 14, 2016.
Watford Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.