Careers: Watford Ladies Development Team Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a UEFA 'B' qualified coach to work for Watford Ladies as Manager of the Development Team.
Qualified to UEFA ‘B’ level, the Ladies Development Team Manager will have responsibility for the planning and delivery of the training programme for the Development squad.
Working closely with the Development Team Assistant Manager and other coaching staff, performance support staff and medical team, the Development Team Manager will be committed to player progression, and to developing players capable of representing the Club at first-team level in the future.
The post holder will also have responsibility for selecting and managing the team on match days and for the successful organisation of the team on a match day including all administrative and logistical tasks.
Excellent working relationships with administrators at the Club are required to ensure deadlines are met, and future operations are planned efficiently and in a timely manner.
The Development Team Manager must be an ambassador for the Club and the women’s game, and must be committed to further enhance the excellent reputation that Watford Ladies has built over the years.
• To work closely and collaboratively with the Development Team Assistant Manager, other coaching staff, and performance support staff.
• To work within the coaching philosophy of the Club, carrying out the instructions of the Development Team Assistant Manager.
• To plan and deliver a programme of weekly training sessions of appropriate content and standard.
• To manage, organise and regularly communicate with players to ensure smooth running of all team operations.
• To manage the team on a match day alongside the Development Team Assistant Manager, supporting the selection of the team to compete on a weekly basis.
• To manage and support the development of individual players in the squad.
• To support and work collaboratively with the General Manager to build and develop the programme.
• To develop a full understanding of and respect for the practices and operations of Watford Ladies.
• To adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Watford Ladies and its operation.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
UEFA ‘B’ Licence Coaching Award
A current FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
A current FA Emergency Aid Certificate
Membership of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
A successful and verifiable record of coaching high level players
FA Youth Modules 1, 2 and 3
Experience of coaching/managing in the FA Women’s Premier League
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the standard required at FA WSL development level, and a familiarity with the overall Women’s Football Development Pathway in England.
• Possess a passion for the women’s game, and the drive to work tirelessly for the Club towards its continued improvement.
• Be a dynamic, confident communicator, with strong people management skills.
• Have a conscientious approach to all areas of work.
• Demonstrate a flexible approach with a proven commitment to teamwork.
• Display an acute attention to detail and possess excellent organisational skills.
• Possess a good level of numeracy and literacy.
• Display good computer skills.
• Have the ability to produce high quality written and verbal reports.
• Possess a Full UK Driving Licence.
• Be prepared to undergo a satisfactory enhanced FA DBS check.
To be considered for this role, please send a copy of your CV together with a short cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Friday September 23, 2016.
This is a casual role on a casual agreement. The Development Team train Tuesdays and Thursdays 8-10pm at Harefield Academy and the successful candidate will be expected to attend Development Team Home and Away fixtures, which can be found HERE.
Due to the high volume of applications expected only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Watford Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.