FACTFILE: Ten Essential Dja Djedje Facts
FOLLOWING today's announcement that wing-back Brice Dja Djédjé has joined the Hornets, find out all you need to know about Walter Mazzarri's latest signing below.
1) Dja Djédjé was born in Aboudé, Ivory Coast, on December 23, 1990, and began his professional career with French outfit Evian, making his debut for the club in 2010.
2) Prior to his move to Evian, Dja Djédje enjoyed eight years learning his trade with Paris Saint-Germain's youth setup, between 2002 and 2010.
3) After leaving PSG, the right wing-back spent four years at Evian, playing more than 100 games in all competitions.
4) During his first season with ‘Les Roses’, the defender played 18 times as Evian achieved promotion to Ligue 1 for the first time in the club’s history.
5) In their maiden campaign in the French top-flight, Dja Djédje played over 30 times to help Evian finish ninth with 50 points, including a 4-2 win over eventual league winners Montpellier.
6) In 2013, Dja Djédjé scored in the Coupe de France final for Evian, only for them to be beaten 3-2 by Bordeaux, courtesy of a last-minute winner from Cheick Diabté.
7) His form earned him a move to Ligue 1 giants Marseille in the second-half of the 2013/14 campaign, during which 'Les Phocéens' finished the season in sixth-place.
8) Dja Djédje has represented Ivory Coast seven times at international level, including four appearances in the build-up to the 2015 AFCON in Equatorial Guinea, where his country went on to win their second title.
9) In his last competitive game for Marseille, Dja Djédjé was a 70th-minute substitute during a 4-2 defeat to PSG in the 2016 Coupe de France final.
10) Dja Djédje’s older brother is 30-year-old Franck Dja Djédjé, who had a brief spell with Scottish side Hibernian in 2015.