Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust are looking to recruit a Youth Engagement Officer.
Are you highly motivated and experienced working with marginalised groups of young people aged 12-16 years, and supporting them to reach their full potential?
In this role you will develop, deliver, and coordinate the Premier League Kicks Targeted Project, by supporting young people aged 12-16 years at risk of offending.
You will build a positive rapport to educate the young people around the impact of violence through a number of mentoring subjects.
Department: Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust
Reporting to: Head of Facilities and Inclusion
Hours: Full Time 40 hours per week
Salary: £22,850 - £30,850 dependent on experience
Location: Cedars Youth and Community Centre
Contract Type: Fixed term contract to 31.12.2022 with the potential of a contract extension
Closing Date: Friday 19th November 2021
Interview Date: Monday 29th November 2021
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage the day to day strategic and operational functions of the Trust’s Premier League Kicks Targeted Project.
- To manage and oversee the recruitment and selection process of all young people.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with colleagues and young people.
- To be the direct point of contact for partners on all matters relating to the programme including teaching, technical and administrative.
- Recruit, lead, manage, observe, support, and develop staff/volunteers.
- Manage and monitor relevant budgets, ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Closely monitor and evaluate the provision and develop a robust young person feedback policy to gain insight and support to ongoing service improvement.
You must have:
- Level 2 Youth Support Worker qualification or Level 2 Diploma in Youth Work Practice.
- Proven track record of working with young people at risk of offending or hard to reach.
- Experience in building relationships and working collaboratively with a range of partners within the youth sector.
- Experience of managing and supervising staff/volunteers.
- Experience of using IT systems to monitor and evaluate the delivery of projects and events e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Data Online Systems.
- Experience of managing budgets within a programme or department.
- Ability to contribute towards internal and external evaluation processes.
- Ability to plan and organise effectively, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- A passion to make a difference through mentoring and training.
- A full and valid UK driving licence with access to a vehicle for business use.
- Have a flexible approach to work and be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Download the full job advert HERE.
If you would like to work at Watford FC Community Sport and Education Trust as the Youth Engagement Officer download an application form located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website HERE.
Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.