Our vision at the Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Do you have a person-centred approach and are passionate about ensuring safeguarding is at the heart of what you and the Trust do? Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust are looking to recruit a Safeguarding Manager.
You will be the recognised point of contact for Trust safeguarding matters and will provide support, guidance, and advice to colleagues to protect the welfare of children and adults at risk.
You will be a team player who will be part of a joint club and Trust safeguarding team and will work closely on a day-to-day basis with both the club’s Head of Safeguarding and Safeguarding Officer to provide best practice in safeguarding.
Download the full job advert HERE.
Department: Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust
Reporting to: Community Director
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £27,054 - £38,303
Location: Vicarage Road Stadium (plus other locations from time to time)
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday January 30 2022
Interview Date: Tuesday February 8 2022
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
• To drive the strategic direction of the Trust’s safeguarding provision, ensuring that it meets all statutory obligations and football authority requirements, such as inspections and audits.
• To ensure that safeguarding is embedded into the culture of the Trust.
• To work collaboratively with internal club safeguarding personnel, as well as externally with statutory bodies/agencies.
• To ensure the Trust’s safeguarding policies, procedures and processes reflect best practice and are regularly reviewed, updated, and communicated to colleagues.
• To manage safeguarding risks and work closely with the HR Manager to implement safer recruitment and induction practices.
• To manage the Trust’s online safeguarding system (CPOMs), ensuring that all incidents and cases are continually monitored, updated, and dealt with in a professional manner.
• To manage the Trust’s Designated Safeguarding Officers (DSO’s) / Safeguarding Champions and provide support, advice, guidance, and supervision to colleagues.
• To organise safeguarding training for colleagues, Trustees, and volunteers, in line with their roles, responsibilities and engagement levels with children and/or adults at risk.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
If you would like to work at Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust as the Safeguarding Manager download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website HERE.
Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Trust Recruitment, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou at email@example.com