Our vision at the Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
We are looking to recruit a Project Officer, who will work alongside and support the Project Manager (National Citizen Service) to help manage the programme, develop strong and meaningful partnerships with a range of stakeholders, and oversee the delivery in Watford, Three Rivers, Hillingdon, and Harrow.
You will help coordinate and implement the Trust’s NCS offer with the responsibility of the day-to-day running and delivery of the programme including residentials and key contractual components.
In addition, you will support the delivery of other learning and skills-based programmes while working closely with members of the team, to develop and run new projects, activities, and events, as and when appropriate.
Download the full job advert HERE.
Department: Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust
Reporting to: Project Manager (NCS)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £22,850 - £26,000 (based on experience)
Location: Primarily based at Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford
Contract Type: Fixed term to 31/12/2024
Closing Date: Sunday February 6 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday February 16 2022
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
• To help plan, organise and run aspects of NCS delivery.
• You will be responsible for the recruitment of young people to the NCS programme.
• You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of recruitment and ‘keeping warm’ activities in order to achieve high ‘turn up’ rates.
• You will be responsible for arranging and delivering exciting and challenging activities to engage young people throughout the programme.
• To help ensure that all young people have a positive experience.
• To help support a range of partners such as local and national charities, local volunteer centres and community groups through the running of social action projects, to maximise the impact of the NCS programme.
• To market and promote NCS within a variety of community settings including schools and colleges.
• Provide opportunities for participants to reflect and evaluate their experience and capture this evidence via reports, case studies and testimonies.
• Attend relevant training and review events as and when required.
• Ensure that the Health and Safety, Safeguarding and other relevant policies are implemented and adhered to throughout the programme.
• Undertake any other relevant duties related to the further development, promotion, and sustainability of the programme.
• To help develop and grow NCS within the Trust and other regions.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
If you would like to work at Vicarage Road Stadium as the Project Officer (NCS) download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on the Watford FC Community Sports & Education Trust website HERE.
Please send a fully completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role (Only send CVs if there is additional information that’s not in your application form) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Karen Stephanou – Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Rebecca Chapman, Project Manager (NCS) – 01923 496271/07718 490618 or email@example.com.