Our vision at the Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Are you passionate about developing people through a high-quality learning and development programme enabling them to reach their full potential? We are looking to recruit a Learning & Development Officer.
You will create a range of learning and development solutions to help develop our people’s ‘Learning Pathways’ to support their career progression, enhancing management, leadership skills and expertise across the Trust.
Download the full job advert HERE.
Department: Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust
Reporting to: HR Manager
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £21,428 – £28,928 dependent on experience
Location: Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday February 13 2022
Interview Date: Monday February 21 2022
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Work closely with colleagues to identify current and future learning and development needs to devise and implement an action plan.
• Source internal and external training and manage the delivery of learning and development programmes.
• Support the development of the Trust’s learning and development strategy; Conduct a review of management and leadership skills to inform the creation of a management training pathway.
• Be the Trust’s lead regarding the apprenticeship levy and the opportunities which it presents for the Trust to utilise the levy to support colleagues’ learning/development and apprenticeship opportunities.
• Manage the Trust’s graduate/internship placements, from initial communication to ongoing supervision.
• Regularly update and communicate to colleagues the learning and development opportunities available via the training directory.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
If you would like to work at Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust as the Learning & Development Officer download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website HERE.
Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to email@example.com, or by post to Karen Stephanou – Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou at firstname.lastname@example.org