Our vision at the Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
This is a new role and presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our team. You will be the recognised point of contact for Trust HR matters and will provide a comprehensive HR service which ensures that all employees and volunteers are equipped with relevant policies, processes, practices, and systems to foster a high-performance culture.
You will play a key role in helping to evolve, implement and bring to life the Trust’s new People Strategy. You can expect the role to be hands-on and you will work closely with the senior leadership team to deliver the strategic objectives contained within the strategy, which will help drive and support organisational improvement.
Download the full job advert HERE.
Department: Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust
Reporting to: Head of Governance and Support Services
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £27,054 - £38,303
Location: Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday January 30 2022
Interview Date: Thursday February 10 2022
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Work closely with all departments, assisting line managers to understand, review, advise and implement HR policies and procedures.
• Be responsible for all HR systems, management, and development.
• Lead the recruitment process for new staff members, working with recruiting managers to develop job adverts and profiles, advertising job adverts, anonymising application forms, shortlisting candidates, inviting successful candidates to interview, and supporting recruiting manager on interviews and inductions.
• Research, build evidence studies and implement recruitment changes to improve the diversity of the workforce linked to the FA diversity code, and Trust EDI action plan.
• Advise and implement any changes to improve safer recruitment with the support of the Safeguarding Manager.
• Manage and support the Training and Workforce Development Officer to lead on developing and evaluating high-quality learning and development opportunities for the Trust.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
If you would like to work at Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust as the HR Manager download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website HERE.
Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to email@example.com. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou at firstname.lastname@example.org