Are you a passionate team player who wants to make a positive difference through football? Look no further and apply to join the Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust's Girls Player Development Centre team, to deliver to our age-groups which range from Under-10 to Under-16.
You will be responsible for coaching two age groups across two hours on Friday evenings. You will be key to educating & developing young people around how to develop as a footballer & as a person.
Department: Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust
Reporting to: Sport and Education Project Officer
Salary: Level 1 - £9.50, Level 2 - £11.75 and Level 3 - £14.00 dependent on qualifications and experience
Location: Watford FC Training Ground, London Colney
Contract Type: Sessional Coach
Closing Date: Sunday December 12 2021
Interview Date: Friday December 17 2021 (evening)
Your Key Responsibilities, But Not Limited To:
- Providing high quality football delivery to local ‘advanced’ Grassroots Football Players in line with project's values and structure.
- Ensuring that coaching sessions delivered in the Player Development Centres are in line with the FA Four Corner Model & our PDC Coaching Syllabus.
- Ensuring you tailor your coaching approach/style to fit the individual needs for each player.
- Ensuring the team provides high quality provision to all players.
- Liaising with the Player Development Centre Lead to build new & existing relationships with local Grassroots Football Clubs and/or players.
You Must Have:
- Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football.
- In-date First Aid and Safeguarding Qualifications.
- Experience of delivering high quality football sessions to ‘advanced’ Grassroots Players.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to complete player reports.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Due to the demands of the role, you will need to have a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
- Flexible approach to working evenings, weekends, and commitment to fixtures during half terms.
You Would Ideally Have, But Not Vital:
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football.
- Experience of working within a Community Club Organisation.
- Experience coaching within the Female Game.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be. We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
Download the full job advert HERE.
- Please download and complete the Trust application form and equal opportunities form located HERE.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com. Ensure that in your application form you have referred to the ‘must have’ and ‘ideally have’ requirements for this role in the Supporting Statement section.
If successful in the application process, you will be invited in for a coaching assessment on Friday December 17 (evening). You will be asked to provide copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK, on the day.
If you require any further information please contact Lou Barry, Sport and Education Project Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org