An exciting opportunity has become available within the Women’s Team at Watford Football Club. We are looking to recruit a Strength and Conditioning Coach to be a part of a forward-thinking team responsible for day-to-day delivery, programming of strength, power, loading, prehab and conditioning that will contribute to performance outcomes and long-term development of fitness.
The Strength and Conditioning Coach will be responsible for providing individualised and periodized strength, speed and conditioning plans and programmes for players working with coaches and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support on pitch performance.
You will play a key role implementing systems and infrastructures required to deliver high level physical preparation and ensure that these processes are supported, documented, and reviewed appropriately, in collaboration with the rest of the multi-disciplinary team.
You will be required to attend all training sessions and competition matches played by the club throughout the season and pre-season, as well as providing high-performance, year-round season specific S&C programmes.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit, and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
You must have:
- Full UK driving licence or ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the role
- BSc in Sports Science or a related field
- Hold UK Strength & Conditioning Association (UKSCA) Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach (ASCC) credentials or working towards
- Football Association Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) qualification
- Be a UKAD Clean Sport Advisor
- Have extensive experience of working in a sport science setting with elite athletes
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment and operate effectively as part of a multidisciplinary support team
The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
For the full job advert click HERE.
For the full job profile contact HR Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Women’s Strength and Conditioning Coach
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Location: Watford Football Club - Training Ground, London Colney
Type: Casual Worker
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
1. Please download and complete an application form located on the club website under the careers section.
2. Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to email@example.com, or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
3. If you require information in regards how to complete the application form please refer to ‘Application Form guidance notes’ which can be found on the club website under the careers section.
4. Please note depending on the role and if shortlisted reference request may be taken up prior to interview.