An exciting opportunity has become available within the Academy at Watford Football Club.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Academy Physiotherapist to be a part of a forward-thinking team responsible for providing the medical provision within the PDP phase (Professional Development Phase), focusing primarily on medical screening, progressive rehabilitation and providing pitch-based medical cover for the Under-18 squad, along with the development of an education programme for our PDP players.
Duties will involve a close working relationship with the Academy Head of Performance and Lead Academy Physiotherapist in the development of the medical provision provided to all Academy players to satisfy the department and club vison.
The role will be based at the club’s training ground in London Colney, and will include working all Under-18 games (home and away) and extend to cover Under-21 games when required.
Other duties include working closely with the Academy Physiotherapist (U9-U16) to coordinate casual physiotherapists covering U9-U16 training and matches every week.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford and London Colney or the surrounding areas and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit, and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
You must have:
- BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Membership of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Valid pitch side emergency aid qualification ATMMiF, (or equivalent / or enrolled onto a
- Valid FA Safeguarding Certificate
- Experience of working within a sporting domain, preferably within an academy setting
- Familiarity with musculo-skeletal screening, movement analysis, and correction of motor
- Competent in the prescription of strength and conditioning programmes
- An ability to build rapport with key stakeholders, obtain and manage important information
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide range of staff
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Ability to develop within the role, learn new skills and deal with change
- Highly organised and assertive with strong communication and time management skills
- Full UK driving licence or ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the
- Understanding of the club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- MSc in Physiotherapy or working towards
- Understanding of the elite player performance plan legislation and rules
- Experience in a senior medical role within an academy setting
For the full job advert click HERE.
For the full job profile contact HR Admin at email@example.com.
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Senior Academy Physiotherapist
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000pa
Location: Watford Football Club - Training Ground, London Colney
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing Date: Successful candidates meeting essential requirements will be offered an interview as they apply, and the advert will close once filled
1. Please download and complete an application form located on the club website under the careers section.
2. Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
3. If you require information in regards how to complete the application form please refer to ‘Application Form guidance notes’ which can be found on the club website under the careers section.
4. Please note depending on the role and if shortlisted reference request may be taken up prior to interview.