An exciting opportunity has become available within the Academy at Watford Football Club.
We are looking to recruit a Lead Phase Coach who will oversee and co-ordinate the club’s player development programme within the Academy for our U13-14s age group.
The role will be based at the club’s training ground in London Colney and will include working Academy fixtures, home and away, including overnight stays when necessary. There are no normal set hours of work for this role, you will work around the training regime and fixtures of the Academy.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, and flexible to the requirements of the role and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit, and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
You must have:
- Minimum UEFA A Licence qualification.
- FA Advanced Youth Award.
- Experience of working within a similar age group within an academy environment/set-up.
- Be committed to a CPD programme and make every effort to enhance personal skills and qualifications to meet the Academy needs.
- Have the ability to work with and progress all levels of players from U7 to young professional.
- An appreciation of the need for flexible working hours and to recognise the minimum hours per week required to fulfil the above detailed responsibilities.
- A clear appreciation of the playing standard required for each specific age category. This should allow the individual to assist with player recruitment across the various age categories.
- A clear understanding and appreciation of the standards of behaviour and codes of conduct demanded within the Academy.
- An understanding of the club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding.
- A full UK driving licence or ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the role.
- This role will have regular contact with children, and it is therefore required by law to have a DBS Enhanced Criminal Record Check with children’s barred list check.
For the full job advert click HERE.
For the full job profile contact HR Admin at email@example.com.
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Lead YDP Phase Coach U13-14s
Rate Of Pay: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Location: Watford Football Club - Training Ground, London Colney
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing Date: 9am, Monday October 10, 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing October 17, 2022
1. Please download and complete an application form located on the club website under the careers section.
2. Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
3. If you require information in regards how to complete the application form please refer to ‘Application Form guidance notes’ which can be found on the club website under the careers section.
4. Please note depending on the role and if shortlisted reference request may be taken up prior to interview.