An exciting opportunity has become available within the Academy Sport Science and Medical Department at Watford Football Club. We are looking to recruit an FDP/YDP Athletic Development Coach to be a part of a forward-thinking team responsible for providing physical preparation and development to our foundation and youth development phases.
You will play a key role in developing the long-term athletic development programme, to ensure we are developing robust and resilient players to meet the physical requirements of the modern game. This will be achieved by creating an age-specific physical pathway which is monitored and consistently evolving to meet the individual specific needs of the players within our programme.
The successful candidates will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic and hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit, and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
- Hold a degree in sport and exercise science or a related discipline
- Hold a Basic First Aid for Sport qualification
- Have extensive experience of working in a sport science setting with elite young athletes
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment and operate effectively as part of a multidisciplinary support team
- Valid full UK driving licence or ability to travel to various locations
- Understanding of the club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
- The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post
- MSc in sport and exercise science or a related discipline
- UKSCA Accreditation (or working towards)
- BASES Accreditation (or working towards)
For the full job advert click HERE.
For the full job profile contact HR Admin at email@example.com.
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: FDP/YDP Academy Athletic Development Coach
Salary/Rate of Pay: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Location: Watford Football Club - Training Ground, London Colney
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday March 24 2023
1. Please download and complete an application form located on the club website under the careers section.
2. Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
3. If you require information in regards how to complete the application form please refer to ‘Application Form guidance notes’ which can be found on the club website under the careers section.
4. Please note depending on the role and if shortlisted reference request may be taken up prior to interview.