Watford Football Club has Data Analyst Internship placement positions available for the 2023/24 football season. The successful applicants will work in a fast-paced, demanding elite environment.
These placements are only for current undergraduate students studying a computer science, mathematical, sports science or equivalent degree, who are looking for a work placement opportunity within the field of data science or analysis. The roles will be unpaid, however expenses will be covered. Please note, we cannot accept applicants who have finished or are finishing their studies this year.
Main duties of the internship will consist of:
• Providing support to all aspects of pre & post-match - team and individual analysis
• Assist with daily workflow as well as support training and matchday analysis
• Assist in departmental projects, also compiling & researching relevant academic literature
The placements are full-time, however working hours will vary depending on the fixture list of all teams. Please note, evening and weekend hours will be required.
Applicants should ideally be based local to London Colney or the surrounding area, and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit.
You must have:
• Studying towards a degree in computer science, mathematical or sport science and/or equivalent degree with a placement year
• Experience of working with complex data sets
• Experience of working with data visualisation and analysis tools (eg. Tableau)
• Interest in coaching, performance analysis or talent ID
• Ability to commit for the 2023/24 season
• Full UK driving licence or ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the role
• Understanding of the club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
You would ideally have, but not vital:
• Working knowledge of using SQL to extract and manage data
• Working knowledge of a computer language to extract and apply statistical analysis (eg: R or Python)
• An interest in data analysis in football
The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
For the full job advert click HERE.
For the full job profile contact HR Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Data Analyst Intern
Location: Watford Football Club - Training Ground, London Colney
Type: Full-Time for 2023/24 season
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing Date: 6pm, Wednesday March 15 2023
1. Please download and complete our internship application form located on the club website under the careers section.
2. Please send completed internship application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the internship, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to email@example.com or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.