First Team 06/03/2018

Away Tickets | Liverpool Sold Out

All match tickets and coach spaces have now sold out for Watford's trip to Liverpool (Saturday March 17, 5.30pm KO).

The Hornets were given an increased allocation of 1,800 tickets for the Premier League visit to Anfield, and these have now all sold out as of 9am today (Tuesday March 6).

Match tickets will be sold ONLINE ONLY via

The Ticket Office Hotline on 01923 223023 can be called to seek assistance with online account information and for other general ticketing enquiries.


Adult: £30
Over-65: £22.50
17-21: £15
16 & Under: £9

Adult: £27
Over-65: £19.50
17-21: £12
16 & Under: £9

Adult: £22.50
Over-65: £17
17-21: £11
16 & Under: £7

Official club coaches: £10 per person. Departs from Greenhill Crescent at 10am. There will be a Milton Keynes pick-up in operation. 

Under-18s attending any away game and/or travelling on official club coaches unsupervised MUST ensure an UNDER-18 AWAY FIXTURE CONSENT FORM is signed by a parent or guardian and returned to the Ticket Office (either in-person, by emailing or by post to Watford FC Ticket Office, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Herts, WD18 0ER) before the day of the game.


Tuesday February 6, 12noon
- Away Group A

Thursday February 8, 12noon
- Away Group A & B

Monday February 12, 12noon
- Away Group A, B & C

Wednesday February 14, 12noon
- General Sale 

Tickets are sold on a one per eligible Fan ID basis and subject to availability at all times. Booking fees per ticket: 50p online, £1 over phone.


First Access Sales Groups mentioned below are specifically referred to and set out in the club's 2017/18 Away Match Ticket Sales Policy, available by clicking HERE:

Group A (3,956 fans):
- ST holders 2017/18 with between 10 and 24 away match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2014

Group B (808 fans):
- Non-ST holders 2017/18 with 10 or more away match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2014

Group C (10,507 fans):
- ST holders 2017/18 with less than 10 away match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2014

Regular sales updates will be published here at and via Twitter @WatfordFC.

How to contact the Ticket Office: / 01923 223023

Under-23's 05/03/2018

Under-23 Report | Watford 1-2 Charlton Athletic

Miguel Britos stepped up his recovery from injury by playing 45 unscathed minutes as Watford Under-23s forfeited the lead at home to Charlton and slipped to a 2-1 defeat.

The Uruguayan defender came on in stoppage time against West Brom on Saturday, but this was his first start since November 25 and he will have been delighted to get some minutes under his belt and put himself into contention for a recall to the first XI. He will certainly be better prepared following this outing.

Playing alongside Joy Mukena, who got a taste of life as a first-team footballer against Chelsea and West Ham, Britos looked comfortable throughout and was rarely troubled by a Charlton side featuring experienced striker Nicky Ajose and Johnnie Jackson, who spent a period on loan with the Hornets around the Christmas of 2004.

Britos made one key interception at the near post and ventured upfield to flick a header on goal. Other than that, he rarely had to get out of third gear and he was replaced in a pre-planned move at the break by Max Ryan.

By that time, Watford were a goal to the good, thanks to a ninth-minute penalty from Dennon Lewis, but they conceded twice in Britos' absence, both times to Anfernee Dijksteel, and crashed to their first defeat in four league matches.

Although there is no disgrace in losing to a Charlton side who have now won five of their last six, completing the double over the Hornets in the process, Hayden Mullins will be disappointed at how his team faded after such a promising start, especially as this was the strongest side they have been able to field in weeks. 

Mullins was boosted by the availability of key attacking weapons Michael Folivi and Randell Williams, and they took their place in an exciting attacking quartet that also featured Dion Pereira and Lewis. It took Watford just nine minutes to make their mark and for their bold selection to pay off.

Dennon Lewis celebrates scoring from the penalty spot

Folivi picked up possession midway in the Charlton half and picked out the arcing run of Lewis with a glorious, perfectly-weighted pass. It was one Roberto Pereyra or Will Hughes would have been proud of. Lewis peeled off the back of the covering defender and got there just before keeper Ashley Maynard-Brewer, whose momentum took him crashing into the speeding Lewis and sent him flying. The decision to point to the spot was one of the easiest referee Ian Fissenden will ever have to make in his career, and Lewis made no mistake from 12 yards, sending Maynard-Brewer the wrong way. 

Thereafter, both teams were neat and tidy but there were few chances of note. Britos made an interception at the near post to thwart one attack and then Lewis Gordon, half of Britos' age, did the same soon after.

There was a flicked header by Britos from an in-swinging Lewis free-kick that went straight at the Charlton keeper while, at the other end, Jackson sent one rasping over the bar and another a few minutes later straight into the arms of keeper Sam Howes. 

Howes was again called into action at the end of the first-half, but it was nothing more than a routine save to get down low at his near post to save a cross-shot from Lewis Page, up from left-back. 

Five minutes after half-time, Charlton did beat Howes but Williams was well-placed to clear Jackson's effort off the line and from underneath his own bar. 

Randell Williams takes on a horde of Charlton defenders

Williams then showed the side of his game we are more accustomed with, picking out Ryan Cassidy with a searching cross from the left. Only just on as a substitute, Cassidy took a perfect first touch and you were waiting for the back of the net to bulge, but a Charlton defender and the keeper flung themselves at his feet and deflected the ball wide for a corner. Cassidy couldn't believe he hadn't scored for the fifth time in his last three Under-23 outings. 

Instead of being two goals to the good, Watford then found themselves pegged back just before the hour-mark when Dijksteel scored at the far post from a corner. The Hornets will be disappointed to have allowed the set-piece to reach the back post unchallenged. 

The frustration was compounded seven minutes from time when Dijskteel, the Dutchman who has played five times for Charlton's first-team, rose highest to plant home a header following a cross from substitute Alife Doughty. It was another disappointing goal to concede, another one that will be pored over in the video analysis session.

Watford almost grabbed an equaliser at the death, but substitute David Sesay smacked his header against the crossbar. It just wasn't to be, and Charlton held on for a win they probably just about merited.

HORNETS | Howes; Eleftheriou (C), Mukena, Britos (Ryan 46), Gordon; Charles, Stewart; Lewis (Cassidy 55), Pereira, Williams (Sesay 81); Folivi. 

Subs not used | Gartside, Stray.