Careers | Watford Ladies Casual Strength & Conditioning Coach
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Casual Strength and Conditioning Coach
Salary: Competitive sessional rates
Location: Watford Football Club – Harefield Academy & Matchdays
Contract Type: Casual workers agreement
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Watford Ladies are seeking a Strength and Conditioning Coach to work with both the club’s first and development team, commencing in mid-July.
This is an ideal opportunity to become involved in elite women’s football, working both at training sessions and WSL2 home and away matches.
Reporting to the Head Coach and General Manager, the role will be to design, deliver and develop a physical performance programme for elite female players at the club.
Key responsibilities will include:
· To lead the Strength & Conditioning and Fitness programme for all players within the first and development squads.
· To deliver Strength and Conditioning and Fitness sessions (3 evening sessions a week) at training and attend all weekend matches or other events where required.
Training sessions are normally Tuesdays 8pm-10pm, Wednesdays 8pm-10pm, Thursdays 8pm-10pm and first-team weekend matches.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
· Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Sports Science, specialising in the physical preparation of elite football players.
· Experience in a similar role in women’s football or other Academy setting.
· Hold a valid FA Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Certificates.
· Applicants should ideally live local to Watford and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
Please contact Ed Henderson to request an application form. On completion please send your cover letter, CV, completed application form and a copy of all relevant qualifications via email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12noon, 26th June 2017
Interviews: week commencing 1st July 2017
Pre-season training begins: 11th July 2017
Watford Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.