Careers | Graphic Designer
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Salary: TBC depending on experience
Location: Watford Football Club – Vicarage Road Stadium
Contract Type: Permanent
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Watford Football Club is currently looking to recruit a Graphic Designer to provide a key resource within a small team of Graphic Designers, working closely with other members of the Communications, Events & Marketing, Media Relations & Ticketing functions – all of which fall under the wider team structure.
The purpose of the job is to work to tight and occasionally seemingly unfeasible deadlines in an exciting, fast-paced, relentless and volatile environment – while all the time keeping a positive demeanour and can-do attitude to the forefront of the mind.
Key duties will include but are not limited:
• To create and deliver design/artwork that communicates Watford FC to best effect to a wide-range of audiences - including fans, the wider local community, business clients, external media and other audiences as necessary.
• To liaise with all departments to understand their requirements and ideas and provide design solutions.
• To manage the overall design process - from initial ideas and concepts to completion of final product, ensuring designs are completed within set timescales.
• To build and maintain relationship with printers, ensuring the best quality and price.
• To help in the managing and updating of the Watford FC brand guidelines, ensuring any artwork designed adheres to them.
• To research latest design trends and fashions to enable Watford FC material to be at the cutting-edge of the football industry in its look & feel.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
It is expected that the jobholder will be confident and have the relevant experience:
• In using Adobe Creative Suite software; specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
• In using other basic computer software such as Microsoft Office suite
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have excellent organisational and time management skills
• The ability to work effectively under own initiative and also as a member of a team
• Hands on approach with a can do attitude
• Ability to multi task in a fast pace ever changing environment
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to anticipate and prioritise workload
It would be desirable if the jobholder had experience of:
• Photography; typically human portrait and still image work
• An understanding of the print process, from screen to page
• This role may have contact with children and it is therefore required by law to have a DBS Enhanced Criminal Record Check with children’s barred list check
Approach to work:
• Pro-active inter-team working is essential at Watford FC, so a collaborative and progressive approach will always be highly valued
1. Please contact Gayle Clarke at email@example.com for an application form
2. Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Gayle Clarke, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 OER
Closing date for applications 12noon, July 12, 2017
Interviews to be held week commencing July 17, 2017
Watford Football Club is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.