Careers | Finance Assistant
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000pa depending on experience
Location: Watford Football Club – Vicarage Road Stadium
Type: Permanent Full Time role (35 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Watford FC, a Premier League football club, is currently looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to help support the busy finance team, and to assist in the accurate maintenance of the purchase ledger for the Club.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Manage the purchase ledger; posting supplier invoices onto the system and reconciliation of supplier statements to ensure an accurate trial balance can be produced.
- Preparation and processing of two monthly supplier payment runs including dispatching remittance advice to suppliers.
- Preparation and processing of ad hoc supplier payments through cheques and BACS requisitions.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- To ensure appropriate authorisation and coding of purchase orders and invoices.
- To maintain an accurate filing system for purchase invoices, sales invoices and purchase orders.
- Provide support as necessary on all aspects of sales ledger management including client invoicing and credit control.
- To manage the administration and reconciliation of petty cash.
- To manage the admin and reconciliation of the credit card statements.
- Processing of staff expenses
- Analysis of expenditure and income as required by the business.
- Assisting with audit file preparation
- Assisting with the month end reporting process
- Ad hoc accounting and reporting projects as required by the business.
- The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business. Applicants should ideally live local to Watford and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
Essential requirements and Qualifications
- Experienced purchase ledger clerks or accounts payable
- Intermediate skills in Excel, Word and Database
- An aptitude for IT – knowledge of software packages like Excel, Sage and BACS
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Self discipline
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines
1. Please download and complete the club application form.
2. Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all required/essential qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and CV via email to email@example.com or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 OER
Closing date for applications: Midday, Friday November 17, 2017.
Interviews: Week commencing November 27, 2017.
Watford Football Club is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.